Reed Hayes is a court qualified handwriting and document examiner whose business is located in Honolulu, Hawaii. He has nearly 40 years of handwriting related experience, and has worked as an international consultant and speaker. He has testified numerous times in various courts in the state of Hawaii, Supreme Court in Guam and Supreme Court in Saipan.
Mr. Hayes is a graduate of the Andrew Bradley Training Course in Forensic Document Examination (beginning and advanced). He holds certification from the National Association of Document Examiners and the International Graphoanalysis Society, as well as a certificate of training from the American Institute of Applied Science.
Reed is a board member of the Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners and a certified member in good standing of the National Association of Document Examiners and the American Handwriting Analysis Foundation. He is the author and co-author of several handwriting related publications. Case involvement includes investigation of the purported Jack the Ripper Diary and a journal attributed to baseball founder Alexander Cartwright, housed at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu.
- Graduate, “Forensic Document Examination,” Andrew Bradley & Associates, Denver, CO, 1993
- Graduate, “Extended Training in Questioned Document Problems,” Andrew Bradley & Associates, Denver, CO, 1995
- Certified, National Association of Document Examiners, Crawley (London), England, 2001; Re-certified 2006, 2011, 2016, 2021
- Graduate, Questioned Document course, American Institute of Applied Science, 2005
- Certified Master Graphoanalyst
- Paralegal Experience
Court Qualified Expert Witness
- 34 testimonies in various courts in the State of Hawaii, Superior Court of Guam & Superior Court of Saipan, 1993-2021
- Forensic Handwriting Examination: A Definitive Guide
- Written in Crime
- Between the Lines
- Guide to Children’s Handwriting
- Effective Witness Techniques for Handwriting and Document Examiners
- National Association of Document Examiners
- Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners (board member)
- American Handwriting Analysis Foundation